Fun Birthday Party Ideas
Find Family Fun at Pirate Adventures
Set sail in search of fun with us and experience a Pirate Adventure with your family aboard the pirate ship Sea Gypsy in the Annapolis Harbor.
Plan a Fun Birthday Party!
Planning a fun birthday party is top on the list for parents of kids of all ages. When we opened Pirate Adventures in 2003 we received a phone call in the very first day of operation “please tell me you host birthday parties?” The answer was “of course we host birthday parties” and years later we cannot even count how many birthday wishes we have made come true for both boys and girls. We offer birthday party packages and have added an indoor party room on-site (look for updates to the party room in the 2014 season). Pirate Adventures is a fun and exciting location to host a birthday party and we have made it a priority to make it easy and stress free to host a party with us. Our birthday parties include favors and invitations and can be customized to suit your little boy or girls birthday wishes. Check out our birthday party FAQs for more.
Along the way we have talked with countless parents looking for resources to help with fun birthday party ideas. The key word being fun, how can your child’s birthday party be fun for everyone, including Mom and Dad? We know planning a party can be overwhelming and it is helpful to get started with some ideas. Here is a list of resources that can help you get on your way to a fun birthday party this year:
- Party Ideas for Every Age
As parents ourselves we love parents.com for the great articles complete with slideshows on almost everything you can think of. This post includes birthday party themes unique to different age groups and has ideas for invitations, birthday cakes, activities and more. This site also has lots of other posts about birthday party theme ideas so this is a great place to get started.
- Fun Outdoor Games for Kids Birthday Parties
Tired of the bouncy house in the backyard? Read this post from Better Homes and Gardens and bring back the classic sack race and egg toss. We loved these games as kids, our kids will love them too!
- No More Goodie Bags: 12 Party Favors That Won’t Get Thrown AwayWe have seem some AWESOME favors come through the doors at Pirate Adventures. Check out this water bottle a mom had custom designed (Her son has had FOUR birthday parties with us, they are dedicated to the theme!) If you are looking to wow with a unique party favor this post has some great ideas.
- Punchbowl Party Planning App This app lets you send online invites and manage RSVPs. Figuring out who is coming seems to be the hardest part of planning a party these days and sending invites online does seem to get a better response.
- 10 Tips for Photographing Your Child’s BirthdaySeems like it should be easy to take good pictures of your child on their special day, right?! This post has some good insights that make it easy to make sure you walk away with great pics after all that work!
- 50 Amazing and Easy Kids’ Cakes
A disclaimer, we have not tried to make any of these cakes on our own, but who doesn’t want an amazing homemade cake and why shouldn’t it be easy?
Now start planning that party! We can tell you from our experience that the most successful parties are the ones where the birthday boy or girl and their family are relaxed and able to enjoy the party together. Interested in planning a fun birthday party at Pirate Adventures on the Chesapeake? Give us a call we’d love to help!